Skip to main content

China Tells US to Stop 'Unreasonable Suppression' of Huawei

Beijing has urged the United States to stop the "unreasonable suppression of Huawei and Chinese enterprises" after Washington announced new export controls to restrict the tech giant's access to semiconductor technology.
The latest restrictions on the world's second-largest smartphone manufacturer, which is at the centre of US spying allegations, are a new escalation in the US-China battle for global technological dominance.
"The Chinese government will firmly uphold Chinese firms' legitimate and legal rights and interests," the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement Saturday.
"We urge the US side to immediately stop its unreasonable suppression of Huawei and Chinese enterprises."
The ministry said the Trump administration's actions "destroy global manufacturing, supply and value chains".
The US Commerce Department said Friday the controls would "narrowly and strategically target Huawei's acquisition of semiconductors that are the direct product of certain US software and technology."
US officials have repeatedly accused the Chinese technology giant of stealing American trade secrets and aiding China's espionage efforts, ramping up tensions with the rival superpower while both sides were involved in a long-simmering trade war.
As a result, Huawei has increasingly relied on domestically manufactured technology, but the latest rules will also ban foreign firms that use US technology from shipping semiconductors to Huawei without US permission.
The new restrictions will cut off Huawei's access to one of its major suppliers, the Taiwanese chipmaker TSMC, which also manufactures chips for Apple and other tech firms.
The US last year banned Huawei from using US-manufactured semiconductors in their products.
China has threatened retaliation against the US for the move, including imposing restrictions on major US firms and putting them on an "unreliable entity list", according to an anonymous government source quoted in the Communist Party tabloid Global Times on Friday.
US tech giants Apple, Cisco, Qualcomm, and planemaker Boeing are among the firms that may be targeted, the report said.

US-China relations are again on the rocks with Washington and Beijing trading barbs over the origins of the coronavirus pandemic.
Over the past week, China has also threatened retaliatory measures against the US for restricting the visa stay limits of Chinese journalists, and for several lawsuits filed by US lawmakers against China for the coronavirus pandemic.
Huawei has not yet responded to requests for comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Best Recycle Bin Apps For Android in 2020

Just like on desktop computers, we store tons of valuable data on our smartphones, including images, videos, documents, etc. However, what if you accidentally delete some precious data from your smartphone? On a desktop computer, we get the option of ‘Recycle Bin’ which allows users to recover accidentally deleted files and folders. However, on Android, the ‘Recycle Bin’ feature is missing. That means, there’s no option to recover files after being deleted. What if I tell you that you can add the ‘Recycle Bin’ feature on your Android device? There are lots of Android recycle bin apps available on the Google Play Store which can be used to secure data from being accidentally deleted by yourself or any other person. 10 Best Recycle Bin Apps For Android in 2020 So, in this article, we are going to share some of the best Android recycle bin app that you can use right now. These apps will help you recover accidentally deleted files. So, let’s check out the best An...

Samsung Galacy A6 Plus Now Starts Getting Android 10 One UI 2.0 Update | Latest News For Samsung Users

-: Samsung Galacy A6+ Now Starts Getting Android 10 One UI 2.0 Update | Latest News For Samsung Users :- Samsung galaxy A6+ has recently started receiving latest ANDROID 10 one UI 2.0 update.    Samsung galaxy A6+ was launched back in the year 2018 has finally found to be receiving the latest Android 10 with one UI 2.0 update. The update was first launched in Poland & now rolled out for everyone. If you are having SAMSUNG GALAXY A6+ then you must be waiting for the update since a long but now the time has come to update your smartphone.  To update your smartphone please open your phone setting and search for system updates. Make sure your mobile should have 70% or more battery during the update & don't get panic as the phone could turn off 7 onn several time. One day back we informed you about SAMSUNG GALAXY A10s Update which also received same update. If you haven't checked out that then visit the link below. https://www.theindiantechgu...

Antutu Revelas Top 10 Flagship Smartphones Of March 2020 | TOP 10 Flagship SMART PHONES OF 2020

-: Antutu Revelas Top 10 Flagship Smartphones Of February 2020 | TOP 10 Best SMART PHONES OF 2020 :-  Antutu had revealed top 10 smartphones of march  2020  according to their benchmarks. Let's see which are they. In the above picture Antutu reveals the top  10 best smartphones of March 2020 according to their benchmarks. As of the image, the No. 1 smart phone in the list is Oppo Find X2 Pro 12gb/256gb varient which has been found to have benchmarks of "606389" . This smartphone has not been launched yet globally due to certain conditions of pandamic all over the world. The No. 2 Smarthone is from XIAOMI i.e. XIAOMI MI 10 PRO 12gn/512gb who's benchmark is"598572"  This smartphone has not been lauched yet globally due to certain conditions of pandamic all over the world. The No. 3 Smarthone is from Oppo i.e. OPPO FIND X2 8gb/256gb which score a total benchmark of "590253" This smartphone has not been launched y...